Promotion recommendations for specialized faculty members originate at the department level and must be endorsed by the chair or director and dean before being given to the Provost and the President via the Vice President for Faculty Development and Advancement. The Vice President for Faculty Development and Advancement confirms that each candidate meets the eligibility requirements and forwards the recommendations (for approval or denial) to the Provost and the President for final action. Promotion recommendations from units that report to the Office of Research are also reviewed by the Vice President for Research. The President's decision is communicated by letter to the appropriate administrators and to the faculty member by this office. All specialized faculty promotions are effective at the same time as tenure-track faculty promotions at the beginning of the next academic year.
- For the 2021-2022 specialized faculty promotion cycle, electronic promotion materials are due to the Office of Faculty Development and Advancement on Friday, October 29, 2021. These promotions will go into effect in August 2022.
- Workshop Recording for 2021-2022 (coming soon)
- Specialized Faculty Promotion Q&A Sesstion with Vice President Kistner (faculty only)
- Promotion Q&A Session with Melissa Crawford (staff only)
Specialized Faculty Workshop Presentations
- Will be posted after the workshop.
Specialized Faculty Promotion Memo (2021-2022)
Summary Cover Sheet (2021-2022)
- Summary Cover Sheet (2021-2022: College of Medicine only)