Academic Leadership Toolkit
Office of Faculty Development and Advancement
Faculty Expertise and Advancement System (FEAS)
The Faculty Expertise and Advancement System (FEAS) is a web application that supports the management of faculty information with content sufficient to generate an FSU Promotion and Tenure Curriculum Vitae. Information entered into this system is stored in a database and includes general information, teaching activities, scholarly or creative activities, and service. In addition, other types of formatted vitae, crosstab analysis reports, and other analyses can be generated. FEAS may be accessed by visiting http://feas.fsu.edu.
- To provide a central repository for faculty CV data.
- To produce current reports regarding faculty activity as required by SACSCOC and the FL Board of Governors.
- To prepare a Summary of Accomplishments for use in annual faculty evaluations.
Authority and Responsibility:
- Instructors are responsible for entering teaching, research, creative work, and service into FEAS at a minimum of once per year in the spring semester to coincide with annual evaluations. The complete policy is located at https://fda.fsu.edu/FEAS/Update-Policy.
- Delegates may be assigned to individual instructors, departments, or colleges to assist instructors with entering data.
- Department chairs and deans are responsible for ensuring that the policy stated above is being followed in their units.
- The IT Support Specialist in the Office of Faculty Development and Advancement is responsible for campus-wide implementation of the policy and support for all users.
Common Pitfalls and Misconceptions:
- Though a delegate may enter information on behalf of the instructor, it remains the instructor’s responsibility to review and approve the data to ensure accuracy.
- CVs generated from FEAS are customizable! Citations may be formatted in either MLA or APA, and there are many other options to select, including date refinement and category exclusion.
- The FEAS Delegate Request Form is found at https://fda.fsu.edu/FEAS, along with related resources.
- IT Support Specialist Tiffany Phillips (email@example.com or 644-6876) serves as the primary faculty contact regarding the system.
- Workshops for departments and groups are available. Contact Tiffany Phillips to schedule.
- A FEAS Wiki is available for any FSU instructor or delegate.
- Faculty Handbook, Section (TBD)