Academic Leadership Toolkit
Office of Faculty Development and Advancement
Faculty Expertise and Advancement System (FEAS+)
The Faculty Expertise and Advancement System (FEAS+) is a web application that supports the management of faculty information with content sufficient to generate an FSU Promotion and Tenure Curriculum Vitae. Information entered into this system is stored in a database and includes general information, teaching activities, scholarly or creative activities, and service. In addition, other types of formatted vitae, crosstab analysis reports, and other analyses can be generated. FEAS+ may be accessed by visiting https://feas.fsu.edu.
- To provide a central repository for faculty CV data.
- To produce current reports regarding faculty activity as required by SACSCOC and the FL Board of Governors.
- To prepare a Summary of Accomplishments for use in annual faculty evaluations.
Authority and Responsibility:
- Instructors are responsible for entering teaching, research, creative work, and service into FEAS at a minimum of once per year in the spring semester to coincide with annual evaluations. The complete policy is located at https://fda.fsu.edu/FEAS/Update-Policy.
- Delegates may be assigned to individual instructors, departments, or colleges to assist instructors with entering data.
- Department chairs and deans are responsible for ensuring that the policy stated above is being followed in their units.
- The IT Support Specialist in the Office of Faculty Development and Advancement is responsible for campus-wide implementation of the policy and support for all users.
Common Pitfalls and Misconceptions:
- Though a delegate may enter information on behalf of the instructor, it remains the instructor’s responsibility to review and approve the data to ensure accuracy.
- CVs generated from FEAS+ are customizable! Citations may be formatted in either MLA or APA, and there are many other options to select, including date refinement and category exclusion.
- The FEAS Delegate Request Form is found at https://fda.fsu.edu/FEAS, along with related resources.
- IT Support Specialist Tiffany Phillips (email@example.com or 644-6876) serves as the primary faculty contact regarding the system.
- Workshops for departments and groups are available. Contact Tiffany Phillips to schedule.
- Faculty Handbook