Academic Leadership Toolkit
Office of Faculty Development and Advancement
New Faculty Orientation
New Faculty Orientation (NFO), in conjunction with the Office of the President, the Office of the Provost, and the Office of Human Resources, is designed to introduce new faculty members to Florida State University and orient them to their role as a FSU faculty member.
- Allow new faculty to meet new colleagues and administrators
- Highlight faculty resources related to teaching, research, and service
- Provide information and resources related to safety, student life, and administration
- Satisfy the orientation requirement for faculty employees
Authority and Responsibility:
- The Office of Faculty Development and Advancement hosts New Faculty Orientation
- Offices from across campus participate
- Planning departmental or college orientations or faculty meetings during NFO.