Academic Leadership Toolkit
Office of Faculty Development and Advancement
Faculty Internal Awards
At Florida State University, we are fortunate that our faculty members are acknowledged as among the finest in their fields. Their research and creative endeavors distinguish our faculty within their disciplines and through their interdisciplinary work. Academic careers marked by excellence in research, teaching and public service are the bedrock of our institution, leading to important discoveries, accomplishments, and remarkable levels of student success.
- To recognize and reward faculty for outstanding teaching, research and advising
Authority and Responsibility:
- The Office of the Provost coordinates the teaching and advising award application and selection process.
- The Office of the President coordinates the Robert O. Lawton Distinguished Professor Award process.
- The Office of Research coordinates the Developing Scholar, Distinguished University Scholar, and Distinguished Research Professor Awards application and selection process.
- The University Honors Program coordinates the Honors Thesis Mentor Award application and selection process.
- The Graduate School coordinates the Graduate Faculty Mentor Awards application and selection process.