Retired faculty and staff may make use of the following benefits:
- University Retiree Identification Card (obtain from the FSU Card Center, located in the back of the FSU Bookstore on Woodward Avenue, across from the Oglesby Union).
- Use of the University Libraries (including public meeting rooms, lending and research services).
Retired faculty: Requires FSU Retiree I.D. card.
Retired A&P employees: Must visit Strozier Library front desk to pick up a special retiree library card.
- Continued access important FSU information online at: http://unicomm.fsu.edu
- University parking is available at a reduced price ($10 annual fee). Obtain online, at the ARF Fall luncheon, or from the FSU Card Center, located in the back of the FSU Bookstore on Woodward Avenue – across from the Union. (Bring your vehicle registration with you.)
- Free use of the Leach Student Recreation Center. Must present FSU Retiree I.D. card. The spouse of a retiree may also use the Leach Center.
- The right to audit courses without payment of fees (must be 60 or older), on a space-available basis, pursuant to Florida Statutes, Section 240.235 (3). (Contact the Registrar’s Office – 644-1050.)
- A mailbox in the department/unit from which the faculty member retired, subject to space availability.
- A retired faculty member may be granted office or laboratory space, subject to space availability.
- You must have a courtesy appointment to continue university email.
- If applicable, entitled to health insurance subsidy payments (FRS Pension Plan and FRS Investment Plan retirees only) in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 112.363.
- May continue an insurance policy with Securian Financial. Must enroll immediately upon retirement from FSU. Contact the FSU Human Resources Benefits Office (644-4015).
- Retiree health insurance plans – Must enroll immediately upon retirement from FSU. Contact the FSU Human Resources Benefits Office (644-4015).
- FSU Bookstore (on Woodward Avenue, across from the Oglesby Union) and Seminole Sports Shop (at the University Center) – 10% discount with FSU Retiree I.D. card for FSU general merchandise and gifts (excludes computers and textbooks). Educational pricing for computers is available, but there is no additional discount at the time of purchase.
- Continued free use of University bus transportation system.
For further information concerning retirement benefits, contact the Vice President for Faculty Development and Advancement’s Office (644-6876) or the FSU Human Resources Benefits Office (644-4015). For information on the Association of Retired Faculty, view their website – http://retiredfaculty.fsu.edu.