Retired faculty and staff may make use of the following benefits:
- University Retiree Identification Card (obtain from the FSU Card Center, located in the back of the FSU Bookstore on Woodward Avenue, across from the Oglesby Union).
- Use of the University Libraries (including public meeting rooms, lending and research services). Retired faculty: Requires FSU Retiree I.D. card. Retired A&P employees: Must visit Strozier Library front desk to pick up a special retiree library card.
- Continued access to the STATE newsletter and other important FSU information online at: http://unicomm.fsu.edu
- A University parking decal ($10 annual fee. Obtain from the FSU Card Center, located in the back of the FSU Bookstore on Woodward Avenue – across from the Union. Bring your vehicle registration with you.)
- Free use of the Leach Student Recreation Center. Must present FSU Retiree I.D. card. Spouse of retiree may also use the Leach Center.
- The right to audit courses without payment of fees (must be 60 or older), on a space-available basis, pursuant to Florida Statutes, Section 240.235 (3). (Contact the Registrar’s Office – 644-1050).
- A mailbox in the department/unit from which the faculty member retired, subject to space availability.
- A retired faculty member may be granted office or laboratory space, subject to space availability.
- University e-mail address continues indefinitely.
- If applicable, entitled to health insurance subsidy payments (FRS Pension Plan and FRS Investment Plan retirees only) in accordance with Florida Statutes, Section 112.363.
- May continue a $10,000 life insurance policy with Minnesota Life for $19.33 monthly premium; or a $2,500 policy for $4.83. Must enroll immediately upon retirement from FSU. Contact the FSU Human Resources Benefits Office (644-4015).
- Retiree health insurance plans – Must enroll immediately upon retirement from FSU. Contact the FSU Human Resources Benefits Office (644-4015).
- FSU Bookstore (on Woodward Avenue, across from the Oglesby Union) and Seminole Sports Shop (at the University Center) – 10% discount with FSU Retiree I.D. card.
- Continued free use of University bus transportation system.
For information on the Association of Retired Faculty, view their website – http://retiredfaculty.fsu.edu.